Monday, September 1, 2008

A matter of juice

Whew, the blog done got away from me again- it is September already and the entry numbers are steadily crashing with every new month. There is no shortage of material to write about and no shortage of time in which to do it but there is a severe shortage of writing juice. Now it is all growing into a monster ball of unwritten ideas looming over me, growing day by day, blogdeath creeping closer and closer...I don't how this stuff happens. A whole bunch of entries are fidgeting in the departure lounge of my mind, desperately bored with the paperback selection, wandering up to the reception counter to ask whether its going to take much longer. I don't have the heart to tell some of them that their flights have been permanently cancelled. But here's a three-for-one entry today.

Politics: Boring. The PM gave his Richmond progress report, it was brief and circumspect, nothing new there. EPA. Richmond. Zanzibar. Whatever. Maybe the Tarime elections coming soon will provide some entertainment although there is a worrying tendency to wield weaponry out there...

Food: Ratatouille goes really really well with fried fish. I tried out a slow-cook method shown to be my a friend who learned it in gay Paris and it was delicieux. Eggplants are wonderful, magical fruits but combined with peppers and herbs and tomatoes and a long slow simmer...well. It is no wonder they named a movie after that dish. But you know, it could just easily have been called Tarte Tatin. Or maybe Quiche Lorraine. Or Soupe a l'Onion...maybe not that last.

Other stuff: Crazy Pet Lady has flounced off to colder climes to practice her seductive wiles on Nordic men. So while we wait for her return from adventures in elk-stalking and snowboarding, we have been charged with the care of her ill-tempered tomcat. Bliss because pets= immediate stress therapy. I think I only have two deep scratches so far on my right hand- the hand that he considers one of his favorite items to 'kill' during playtime.

We also got left with internet and satellite television (which I have been mightily resisting in spite of La Dee's campaign). The seductive evils of Devil Satellite Tele-Visitation have proved themselves: yesterday a long run of Top Gear followed by Judge John Deed saw me couch-surf for at least 8 hours in a row. Help. Help me please.

No comments:

Post a Comment

No biting, spitting, trolling or ugly insults- only pretty ones allowed.

A little birdie told me...

Follow MikocheniReport on Twitter